It is weird when I think about how I got where I am. It seems like the Lord gave me that little shove in the right direction anytime I needed it. From the influence of my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and siblings I have come to this point in life where I am starting a Shari Definement. A huge portion began this summer when I was strongly encouraged to find a job where I did not have to come home. I worked at a summer camp 10 miles up a winding canyon road. There I had a lot of growth and learned a lot about myself as an individual. If I were to start the summer over, I would not have changed my place of employment, despite the loneliness, confrontation, and fear of getting eaten by a bear.
Along with all the life lessons came the summer ward. I became friends with many of the people that I am still hanging around with and I know that Heavenly Father knew I needed them to get me through this school year. Sundays and Mondays became my favorite days of the week. They equaled 3 hours of learning the gospel and getting the insight of people my own age, and another hour or two a day later of just enjoying eachothers company. I would not give away this past summer for anything.
The school year started before I had time to even think about leaving my precious woods. I was excited to be back in civilization, but I did, and still do sometimes miss the nature sounds along with the leisure time. I found my groove of classes and homework along with a very active social life. I am loving this year!
Each night as I am in meditation mode before I fall asleep, I think about how much my Heavenly Father loves me. He has given me the best roommates I could ask for, guy friends who are very protective and are worthy to use the priesthood if needed, and girls that are not overly dramatic and are just enjoyable to be around. He has given me an open mind to absorb what I am being taught and an open heart to find those that may need upliftment. I am His daughter, and He loves me! :) What a happy thought. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment