It never ceases to amaze me how fickle men can be. One minute its "I could see us in a relationship", the next its " I like you a lot BUT I think we should date other people." Ok, fine, whatever that is your call, but when you come crawlin back, it is my turn to walk away.
A certain boy whom I will refer to as "Noah" decided to sweep me off my feet for the past four months. As cliche as it sounds, I liked him from the moment I saw him. Getting to know him just validated that initial infatuation. He made me feel cared for and thought of. He brought me homemade soup when I was sick and we had many deep conversations. We were very competitive against eachother and were always playing one game or another. He was one of those boys that you felt safe with and you knew you could be yourself. But, my shining knight had a few chinks in is armor.
After one of my classes I went to where he was tutoring for Spanish, as I always did. But he wasn't alone this time. SHE was there... at first I wasn't intimidated, he could have girls that were friends, no big deal. But then, I saw how she was acting around him. I immediately clued in that she liked him. The way she was sitting by him with her body facing him, the way she looked at him, the things she said... Green smacked me in the face as if it was a tangible object. He had similar body language toward her! Later that night I guess I was acting a little weird toward him. He asked what was wrong and I told him I was a little green earlier because of that girl. That is when Noah said it.... "Shari, I like you a lot, and I think we click in a lot of places, BUT, I think we should date other people" OUCH.
Earlier that week my roommate Hadley was frustrated at boys as well. Another roommate, Haven, was missing her missionary because he hasn't written her for awhile. My friend, Tia, was having boy trouble as well, so we retaliated.
ANTI-MALE WEEKEND:
FRIDAY: Anger Day. At about five that night we stopped texting, IMing, receiving phone calls, etc. from any males. We walked to Maverik and got hot chocolate then watched The Messengers, a super freaky movie about crows and crazy amnesia inflicted bad guys. Who needs a guy to watch a scary movie? Pch.. not us!
SATURDAY: Sad Day. We slept in as long as we desired. We scrubbed our apartments clean. At approximately evening time we got fancy and super dressed up. Hadley, Camille, Sidney and I went over to Tia's apartment where she had us participate in her Femininity photo project. We got our pictures taken and loved it! We then went to Snow's rendition of Agatha Christie's Mousetrap. Afterward we got a pizza, some ice cream, and another scary movie, The Haunting in Conneticut. We had a massive sleepover and stayed up until 330 in the morning.
SUNDAY: Forgiveness/Hyperness Day. We all went to church together, where we decided we would in fact, talk to males that day, because we were forgiving that species for their cruelity. It made Hadley and I laugh at how much Heavenly Father loves us. He helped us find scripture such as Ephesians 4: 31-32 "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you all malice: and be ye kind one to another, tender hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." and the hymn was "Count Your Many Blessing". Thank you for the many answers :) We had Thanksgiving dinner as a group of friends that evening. Hadley and I had many reasons to be filled with much laughter. :)
Noah and I are still friends, and although it is .. bizarre sometimes, thats life and we must move forward.
"The supply of good women far exceeds that of the men who deserve them. " - Robert Graves
one notification: Laura likes this post.
ReplyDeleteanother notification: Jamie also likes this post, quite a lot actually. She applauds you for this post most enthusiastically.
ReplyDeleteFantastic. You have earned my highest approval for this post. :)
ReplyDelete